- To be widely acknowledged as a “Trust” that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of Monroe County Youth that exhibit an interest in acting as stewards of marine resources and recreational fishing.
- To be widely acknowledged as a leader in fishing conservation and protection of the marine resources surrounding Monroe County Florida.
- To be widely acknowledged for being a role model supporter of Youth Fishing. This includes knowledge transfer, boating skills and stewardship of resources.
- IFACT exists to support and encourage conservation projects, including but not limited to the protecting, preserving and restoring of water quality, flats, marine life, sea grass, reefs and mangroves surrounding Monroe County, Florida. Additionally, we are committed to developing the future stewards of marine resources and recreational fishing through youth and young adult fishing tournaments, education and scholarships.
- Over $200,000 in scholarships to Florida Key’s High School seniors majoring in marine related fields since 2005.
“If not for IFACT, I would not have been able to go to college.”
- Over 2,000 fishing rods and reels donated to kids in need in the Keys and Homestead, FL
- Over 30 first class Junior Fishing Tournaments presented to kids age 2-17
- Eight fishing tournaments hosted for young adults – ages 18-29 who seldom have the means to fish in quality events
- Donated 100 rods and reels to victims of Hurricane Katrina in a sister City adopted by Village of Islamorada
- Donated over $5,000 to kids from broken homes, World Wide Sportsman Kids Fishing events and several other Jr. fishing events such as Islamorada Charter Boat Associations Jr. Sailfish event, etc.
- Donated $5,000 to local marine science Junior and High School teachers
- Sponsored 7 youth anglers to fish in the IGFA Inshore World Championship